Debut of The Moons of Venus: Romancing Marlene Dietrich at Danny’s Skylight Room in New York City with pianist/arranger Uli Geissendoerfer.
Karen honored the Dietrich the centenary with performances as follows (Uli Geissendoerfer, piano except where noted):
- December 5 and 6, 2001 ~ Marlene Dietrich: 100 Years ~ the Embassy Series at the German Embassy, Washington, DC. A review by L. Peat O’Neil appearing in The Washington Post on Dec. 10, 2001.
- December 31, 2001 ~ Special guest appearance at Sardi’s.
- March 21, 2002 ~ The Moons of Venus: Romancing Marlene Dietrich at the German Consulate of the United Nations, NYC
- May 4 to November 2002 ~ Concerts in Vermont, Munich and New York City.
- May 10, 2003 ~ Concert at German Society of Pennsylvania with Doyle Newmyer on piano.
- October 24, 2003 ~ Dietrich Today with Karen Kohler and the BQE Project Orchestra (Tom Nazziola, conductor) at the Philipsburgh Performing Arts Center in Yonkers, NY
- June 2005 ~ Karen travelled to Berlin and Munich for radio interviews and performances of Marlene Dietrich: Portrait eines amerikanischen Stars with Matthias Binner on piano.
- Karen’s 3rd album, a live recording of The Moons of Venus: Romancing Marlene Dietrich, recorded live at Mama Rose’s in New York City was released at the Jermyn Street Theater in London on December 22, 2004 with Jed Distler on piano.
- July and August 2005 – Concerts at Helen’s Hideaway with Jed Distler (piano) and William Galison (harmonica/guitar).
- October 13, 2005 ~ Concert at Texas Christian University with John Bowen on piano.